Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 1

It's been a week since I have been admitted to OHSU. :) I am not going crazy yet, although I miss my girls and husband terribly and wish I could be with them daily.

We had a US this morning that revealed my fluid to still be getting lower. Friday it was 4, sat it was 3.2, Sunday it was 2.9 and today it is 2.8. Has my water broken you may ask? No, he is not producing it is what they are thinking due to his "anomalies". His cord dopplers are high but apparently they have been since Monday which is different info then we received previously however he is still moving as he should and breathing which shows he is not in stress. Which is great.

We then had our 6 week echo with the cardiologist which revealed that nothing has changed or worsened with his heart condition. The only real way to know if he will need surgery is after he is born and they complete an echo at that time. It is hard with his fluid being low to get all the pictures that need but he is confident with what he did get. The reason his heart condition could need surgery is due to areas of his heart closing after birth (which are suppose to, the opening keep babies alive in utero) and causing his aortic value to narrow, but like I mentioned above, we must wait until they preform the echoes after birth.

As for his birth, we know I won't go til may but we don't know how soon he will come either. So as it has been, we wait until we get the word that he needs to come out. :) until then, I am admitted and don't have plans on going home anytime soon.

As always, we appreciate your prayers, encouraging words, thoughts, and visits! It helps make this experience that much more worth it!! I feel thankful and blessed for the strength, grace and peace God has given me and my family. He is ever so present with me daily and we are waiting for his will for Bennett's life to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment