Tuesday, March 12, 2013

More steriods....maybe less monitoring

So here we are day 2 of monitoring. I have just been given my second dose of steroids.

All the doctors have made their rounds. A few on shift came this am to let me know that the 24 hour monitoring went well. There were decelerations with his heart rate that would last a min or less and then accelerate again. They mentioned this is nothing serious that would call for an emergency c-section. Bennett otherwise is doing great! lots of movement and nothing concerning at this time. They mentioned they want to monitor a little longer and then move me upstairs to an area with a more comfortable bed where I would not be connected to the monitor. They would send me for monitoring a few times today, so waiting to hear when I can move and hopefully get to walk around and go see babies in the NICU.

Tomorrow I will have a follow up US with fetal therapy which I believe will tell them whether to let me be discharged or not. Praying that we can go home and continue the pregnancy with monitoring. Although the doctors have expressed their concern of the placenta failing, they don't know when this could happen so we will see how tonight and tomorrow goes! We take it one day at a time.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for us! This is a time of unknowns which The Lord has prepared us for and for that we are extremely blessed and thankful. We feel no fear or anxiety when the doctors come to us to explain worst case scenarios. We feel pure Peace. God is in control and there is no need to worry. He is holding Bennett and i in His hands and He knows our plans. They are to give us a hope and a future. We stand firm in His promises. Although physically tired from little to no sleep. I am emotionally and spiritually rejuvenated! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment