Thursday, January 24, 2013

In God We Trust....

Yesterday we went to OHSU to have our 2 week ultrasound and follow up from our last meeting with the Doctor.

We had our ultrasound and then right after were able to have our meeting with the Dr. to discuss the results on the amnio and how Bennett is doing

He told us that Bennett is still not growing as much as they have hoped. He is about 15 ounces (just under a pound and the 500 gram mark). He went on to tell me the positives of today's follow up were... Bennett's Cord Doppler's are great and better than before, I have more amniotic fluid then I did before, The Ventricles in his brain are NORMAL now (they went from 10mm on both sides to almost 7 on one side and almost 8 on the other and this news of the ventricles is AMAZING), and his heartbeat is strong (we wont know the progress of his heart until 2/6/13 echo scheduled). He also mentioned that the amnio tests came back NORMAL but they are going to run one more in depth test on the remaining fluid to see if that shows anything. He ruled out placenta difficulties Becuase those would normally show up on the amnio but they will test the placenta under a microscope when he is born to try and get answers but overall the doctor is happy with today's results but still concerned to why Bennett is not growing. He said our case is still a "mystery" which i heard from 2 ultrasound techs as well.

We made a plan to be seen every week now to monitor his cord Doppler. Dr mentioned that there is a chance that we could come back next week and Bennett has died but he doesn't feel that will happen because death would be progressive and not overnight. (i.e if his Doppler's were low yesterday they would have admitted me into the hospital and monitored him). He discussed that as long as his Doppler's are normal every week then we need to keep Bennett in there as long as possible and not worry about an intervention until that changes. He still asked us if based on the information we wanted to do a c-section now and I felt it was not a good idea based on his weight. If he is thriving in my womb even if his growth isn't what we expect, we need to keep him in there safe.  More so I believe the lord has more miracles to show these staff.

We are overall happy and thankful for these amazing results. The Genetic Counselor shared how she is always amazed at how a Doctor can give some straightforward advice and how a family will choose against it regardless and then have miracles happen with in weeks. She is amazed. I simply told her we are thankful and expressed that Bennett is not my own, I do NOT get to make the choice to end his life. If its Gods will to have Bennett, that will be a decision that God alone will make not Chari or I or any Doctor. She smiled and said "okay".

So we will be moving forward and just asking your continued prayers over our Bennett and all the staff. I pray these results come back negative as well and that Bennett's case will remain to be a mystery because we all know God works in mysterious ways. We also pray for Bennett to GROW. We are praying and believing that by next appointment he has grown LEAPS and continues to amaze us!

We are so grateful for all your prayers and thoughts and will continue to need them. When Bennett is born he will spend a long time in the NICU and at this time, still has his heart condition but we are praying for miracles there too! God is Good and faithful if we put our trust in him. This is still a faith walk but one that we are more than happy to walk knowing that God will use this journey to further his kingdom and what more can we ask for? Of course my flesh has moments of being sad and mad (and I do mean moments). But I am NOT mad at God. How can I be mad at the man who gave me everything, gave me life?

This may not be the same situation that you may go through in your lifetime, but we all go through our rough times (big or small) and I urge you to put FULL trust in God. Remembering that we serve an AMAZING AND FAITHFUL father that loves us all unconditionally and wants nothing more than for you to rely on him in every aspect of your life! It WILL NOT be easy but he said it would be WORTH it!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Abundant Blessings,

The Puente Family

5 comments:

  1. "So we will be moving forward and just asking your continued prayers over our Bennett and all the staff. I pray these results come back negative as well and that Bennett's case will remain to be a mystery because we all know God works in mysterious ways. We also pray for Bennett to GROW. We are praying and believing that by next appointment he has grown LEAPS and continues to amaze us!"

    this paragraph brought tears to my eyes. God does work in mysterious ways and He alone is GOOD. <3 love from Darcie... Continued prayers.. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys, Andrea! It is so wonderful to see God's hand working and your faith growing through this trial. May Bennett thrive this week and in the weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for baby Bennett. I know everything will be fine. You both have always put God and your family first. And God has blessed your family and knows you will pass this test he has placed in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be Praying for you guys and Baby Bennett! God is Good! H

    For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    Psamls 139:13

    Mrs. O'Neill :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing your posts are to read! Thank you for sharing your story with us all - your faith is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete